Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Preparations

Today i did some work on the truck to get ready for the trip to Texas. It was the first time i changed spark plugs on a V6. All my other vehicles are 4 cylinders and the plugs and wires are about the easiest thing to change on them. I do have a wonderful trick i heard about though for getting the plugs and wires changed on a v6 with a lot of miles. I couldn't pull the boot off of the spark plugs on most of them so i used a hammer and chisel to break the porceline part of the plug off with the boot attached. Then i just used the socket to take the rest of the plug out and replaced it and the wires with new ones. This was still a long, hard, dirty and sometimes painful task though when compared to my other cars. Oh i also did an oil change on it and my brother's car. Those were uneventful though.

Still haven't packed and i really don't want to, but i know it will need to be done shortly. I've been saying goodbye to friends and family lately too. I'm really glad i'll be able to have my phone and the internet on this trip though!

No comments: