Thursday, March 02, 2006

a few things

I think the squirrel is finally gone as I still haven't heard it since the last time I scared it out and locked it out. I also finally got the head for the eclipse taken to get checked out. Should have it back in about a week, but i'm not sure if i'll have the rest of the car ready by then.

Also I decided to give up my excessive speeding for lent as it was the only thing i could think of that would actually be a real challenge. Well driving down to Maryland to get the head dropped off (as well as pick up some used rims and tires) was tough to stay slow. The truck speedometer registers higher than it is actually going though so that helped it feel a little faster. I'm trying to stay within 5mph of the speed limit, but i'm not going to make that a hard and fast rule as sometimes going slow is more dangerous. For example when i was on 695 i was doing around 5 over or so and was being passed on both sides on a 4 lane road so that is being an obstacle. A few times i sped up without thinking, but then came back down after i realized. It definitely is keeping me focused on why I am doing it too which is good. Much better to be thinking about what God wants than to be cursing people for going to slowly.

No comments: