Thursday, September 14, 2006

Car and Pager

Well i worked on the eclipse last night. Got the oil squirters i was waiting on and put the oil pan back. After all the other parts were put back i filled it up with all the fluids, put the tires on and took it off the jackstands. Turned the key and....it started! Definitely a nice feeling. Then I checked the timing and it looked close enough that i could drive it to work at least. Unfortunately there was some fluid coming out. By some fluid i mean there was a bolt missing that allowed the oil to shoot out of the head onto the floor. Big mess, but i have the kitty litter type stuff to soak it up. Unfortunately that means i need one more part, but at least it is very minor and they should have it in stock at mitsubishi. I might do it over lunch hehe.

Then to top off my night i got a page too. Not a big deal as i wasn't asleep and i expect at least one page during the week on average. I didn't like that it was something we warned people not to do, but that isn't unusual either.

I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend now. I get to go to my first NHRA drag race for free. I have a pit pass and there will be a hospitality tent too. My car should be working by then too. Of course i might get paged over the weekend too, but we'll try to use that as an excuse for a cellular modem i think =)

No comments: