Sunday, November 12, 2006

Kill story (disclaimer: street racing is bad....)

I actually had another race in the eclipse recently. I was showing the car to a friend that hadn't ridden in it yet. We did the normal 2nd and 3rd pull to get a feel for it without going "too" fast. Then did a little more driving. As i was getting ready to get on it again in 2nd a WRX passed me. Apparently the passenger was giving me a thumbs down and making faces (probly cuz at the time i was only going 40mph) So my buddy says "That's a WRX!" and of course i had to finish the fight they were picking by making faces. They were ahead so i got on it in 2nd like i was going to, but stopped when i was door to door with them. I think that was noticable cuz i was flying and then slowed down to stay at their speed. Then i tapped the throttle a few times til they finally got on it. I decided to let them get about a car length ahead of me before i floored it. I went through 3rd and was already going much faster then them and about even. I then shifted to 4th and kept on it. I heard a pop and got off the gas and let a little brake light show to tell them who won incase there was doubt. They then were giving the thumbs up when they caught up so i think they understood. Meanwhile my passenger decided that that couldn't have been more perfect and he was pretty excited about the car. We had to check what the pop sound was from though, it seemed like an intercooler pipe blowing off. After looking it turns out everything was fine, but that means i had hit the rev limiter in 4th gear. I'll let you figure out how fast that is =) Who would have thought i would go through 4th gear fast enough to hit the limiter before i knew it? Fun stuff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not surprise you were racing. safety first!!! And stay away from those mini cooper's. I heard they smoke japaneese cars!
-RICH Z

CokeMan said...

Even my miata can keep up with a Mini Cooper S. That was interesting though two tiny cars speeding by.