Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Eclipse

I worked on my eclipse a bit tonight as the real reason i took it out yesterday was so that i could try to determine where this oil leak was coming from. I noticed that the pivot bolt on the alternator had no nut on it. I wouldn't have thought this to be the cause, but it's location does seem to be crucial in holding the oil filter housing tight against it's mount. Also i cleaned off the oil with SuperClean and that spot was right in the middle of where all the fresh oil ended up. Hopefully the nut i put on there will be enough to keep it from leaking, but it is a DSM so i'll keep an eye out for other spots. I also patched the coolant overflow bottle, we'll see how that holds. For those of you that don't like cars... um I also.... um posted to my blog this evening. So i like cars, is that so bad?

No comments: